Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The other jean skirt...

Ok- I am going to admit it. This is my least favorite skirt I have done (well, we have one more to see how that will turn out). First, in my head it looked much cuter! I had these flowing side panel things that just didn't work out. This is what happens when you don't have a pattern & are just kind of winging it!

Second, does anyone remember that movie from the 80s, "Overboard"? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093693/ (in case you forgot) Anyway, there is this scene where she wears a jean skirt & it reminds me of this one, in not a good way. (I will admit that I have scene this movie a dozen times & often watch when I run across it on TV, much to Jason's dismay!)


I did get a little crazy with the back & took the pockets off. Wild, I know! :)









I need to start sewing again. I need to be done with alot of projects before school starts-- we have football, tae kwon do, swim & I am co-leading a 32 wk study at church. Whew, I need to get busy!

2 comments:

JK said...

I LOVE Overboard, and watch it whenever it's on tv.

The skirt is cute, but definitely has a 1980's vibe. Although I think that style is back in since I have seen many girls wearing 80's inspired clothes. Ugh!

Jenni said...

E wore it to church today & LOVED it-- she was twirling it around. It was pretty funny.