Sunday, August 10, 2008

One jean skirt down.....




Yeah!! I got one down!! During the challenge, I have decided to also use materials I already have.

This material is left over from a project I did last year when I made these jumpers for #2, her dolls & my neice. Poor #3 was supposed to get one too, but I ran out of time/patience.





I think it turned out pretty cute. It was kind of fun to take bits of material & rick rack (I love rick rack-- very festive) and put it all together.

#2 is sleeping, so I can't have her try it on, but I think she will like it.






A few of the best things about these skirts are 1) they only take a few hours to make & I LOVE completed projects!! 2) By forcing myself to use materials I already have, I force myself into being more creative & resourceful & 3) when doing all this, I am distracted from the other things whirling around in my head!

Well off to bed-- and come up with another plan!

Happy Monday (almost!)

Jenni

2 comments:

abbysae said...

I love it! I hadn't thought of using trim... duh! This is similar to the one I did for Bug except I used the denim where you used the fabric.

Jessica said...

SO cute!!! i love jean skirts on little girls.