Tuesday, August 12, 2008

taking a jean skirt break...




I finally finished our pillowcases from Disney. Instead of having autographs books, someone told me (or I read on the internet) to have the characters sign a pillowcase. I thought it might be a fun, different souvenir for the kids. And I, of course, couldn't just have them sign it. I needed to add my own touch!






Using Jen's big Cricut & my Mickey Font cartridge, I cut out a giant Mickey head to use as a template. I used the same font to cut out the kids names. Its a nice chunky font-- making it easier to applique.









I did Ella's first & thought it looked a little plain, so I added the ribbon (you may think that fabric looks a little familiar--well its left over from the girls room redo & same with the ribbon)











I originally bought this fabric to make PJ pants. I haven't made the pants yet, but I am sure everyone will be relieved to know that he will be coordinated with his pajamas!!









The backs of the pillowcases have the autographs, this one is Colin's... the girls have more since they got all the princesses too. (He actually refused to let the princesses sign his!)









I have a few ideas for the next skirt & am on my way to the storage unit to find my large stash of fabric (wish me luck!)

-Jenni

1 comment:

abbysae said...

They turned out great! Good idea to use the left over fabric. Everything coordinates now.