Monday, July 28, 2008

My first non-craft post {politics inside...procede at your own caution!}

Unfortunately, the presidential election is looming upon on us. I will just say that I hate this time of year. I hate the smear campaigns (from everyone), I hate the way our electoral college works, I hate the way the media makes me distrust everyone, I just hate it all. [I could really go on & on about my dislike of this whole process].

My inlaws sent an interesting article out & so far its the best political article I think I have ever read. I agree with everything the author had to say. For a brief synopsis: it basically says both of our choices suck. That both will run this country into the ground, although one will quicker than the other. I will say it comes from a far more conservative site than I consider myself to be-- but I still think it warrants a read...

None of the Above

This lead to me actually research the candidates & their views. Jason helped me find a site that side by side compares the candidates. It was nice to just read about their voting record & not the usual he said/she said junk that usually accompanies these sorts of things. If you are interested in doing a little research....

Select Smart


Ok, I will carefully climb down off my soapbox now.

We will return to your regularly scheduled crafting fluff!

No comments: