Friday, July 18, 2008

#2 & her new room....

#1 is off in CA with my parents & #2 is in OH with Jasons'. We had decided awhile ago that they both needed new furniture (neither one had headboards or proper dressers). I thought it might be fun to get it while they were gone, so they can come home to new rooms.

Well, that lead me to #2 really needs new bedding, and it won't match the walls. I am not sure how many of you remember that the girls share the master bedroom (while we live in the basement...which always reminds me of [in my best Chris Farley voice] "I live in a vaaaannnn down by the riiiivvverrr" I digress.) Since we are looking to put the house on the market (again) sometime next year, I thought this was a good of time as any to paint it in a more neutral tone, to make it more like a traditional master even if a 5 & 2 yr old live in it. Anyway, this lead into a ton more projects (because I can never make anything easy on myself). We have the new dressers, but have to wait on the beds. The room isn't completely done, once the bed comes, I am going to hang up canopys over both of their beds. #3 got hers from Ikea (which matches her new big girl bed & bedding), I will probably end up making the other one. The ones I have seen are made of netting, which I don't like & I think I can make easily & cheaper-- at least according to the directions I found!

So this is what I have been working on this week, with #3 by my side-- she was pretty good, didn't get into much.






This is about 2ft. tall, I covered it my accent fabric.





I redid her corkboard to bring more pink into the room (I am thinking she is not going to be thrilled with the coffee colored paint)














The lamp I covered with fabric & trimmed with ribbon.











The bookshelf I redid. It started as one of those white shelves made of particle board that they sell as target. It needed some paint & fabric--I think it turned about pretty good.


The flower inside covers a slight mistake. Oh well. still looks good.














Her accent pillow, I think it turned out pretty cute. And the HSM pillow, its huge & meant to be a floor pillow. #1 is getting a yoda pillow & #3 gets a nemo pillow.













Well, thats all for now. Need to go clean up! I will post pics of the finished room when its all done.

Have a good weekend!
Jenni

1 comment:

abbysae said...

Everything looks good! I'm sure #2 will love it when she gets back. If she doesn't, send her over here and we'll straighten her out for you!