Friday, May 2, 2008

More Moms Day...




This is a gift from the kids to our mothers. Lately, I have been trying to be more "green"-- driving less, using reusable grocery bags, that kind of thing. I wanted a bag that I could put in my purse & carry with me when I am out running errands.


On etsy.com, I found these bags made out of old tee shirts. I thought they were pretty cool & made some myself. I found them to be very handy-- strong & fit a TON of stuff because of the stretch of the tees.


I had this idea to make them for Mothers Day with the kids handprints. The handprints are supposed to be trees, to go with the whole "green" idea. Not exactly my vision--but I think they still turned out well.
On these, I added the decorative stitch around the openings & the ribbon accents on the handles. The ones I made for myself, I did none of these things and haven't had a problem unravelling.
Hopefully, I will have more to post later this weekend....

2 comments:

JK said...

What a great idea, I have never thought of using an old t-shirt to make a bag. They look great!

I love Etsy, I have spend many a hour just browsing through everything.

Jessica said...

So cute, Jenni! I have SO many old t-shirts, that is a great idea.