Sunday, May 4, 2008

graduation stuff done (well almost)

Quick post (having people over for a BBQ in an hour!) But I finished 2 of the 3 projects I am working on for Shelby's graduation in June.





So, word books are all the rage in scrapbooking right now. I had been wanting to make one for awhile & Shelby's graduation was the perfect excuse. I used the my friend Jen's cricut expression, since mine is too small. Using the design studio software, I welded together the letters with a rectangle, that would be the page.





I don't know if you can tell by the pictures, but the edges of the page are the outline of the letter. I ran into some design flaws, having made some of the rectangles too small. But with more chipboard, lots of glue & black cardstock, I was able to fix it without having to start over!







I am not going to take a picture of every page, but I think you get the idea of the book. I did want to show how pictures (or journaling, or autographs) could fit in the book. Now that I know how to do it- I can't wait to make another one!






This is the guest book. Not too exciting, I used Around the Block's Love My School & Chalkboard papers. I wanted a little more dimension, so I lined the one side with buttons from Creative Cafe.







That's all I have for now. I have a few cards, the last part of the graduation trifecta & #2's birthday party invites. Yikes- I better get busy!!

No comments: