Friday, September 11, 2009

I got a B+...

and I have to say I am disappointed. I wanted an A. The feedback was really frustrating as well. He graded the one picture, then picked 3 more out of our 36 that he thinks are better/just as good as the one I chose to get graded. These are pictures he picked & what he had to say.

"Not to be offensive, but this looks like one of those generic Hallmark pictures on cards." (I know this & is why I didn't choose this one to be graded!)










"would work better as a square picture- but interesting."











"because of the time of day & use of the fill flash, the details are so sharp & the background blurry, it looks fake." (he never did say if this was a good thing or bad thing)








And then the B+.....

"don't you think the trees completely overwhelm the rider? Well, now as I look at it more, I think it would work much better blown up to 16X20, framed & matted"














Needless to say, I am a bit frustrated by his feedback. I didn't really find it all that helpful -- so I don't have high hopes for the grade on my next assignment. I can redo the picture I turned in to try for a higher grade. I think I am going to wait & see how the next one goes, before I start redoing assignments. Who has time for that???

Off to take pictures of shadows & silhouettes!!

-Jenni

3 comments:

mark said...

Ah, don't worry about the grade. Art is subjective!

Rugby Nut said...

I agree with mark. But I also agree with you that the feedback wasn't that good! Something more constructive and less confusing would have been helpful.

Sara said...

Agreed. The feedback was less than helpful. Something like, "I liked this aspect...another approach you could try next time is..." would be more constructive! And the Hallmark comment was just rude. It's a really cute photo! And the frog photo is very cool!