Friday, June 27, 2008

My tote bag & the 4th tutus



Here is the tote I made for myself. (And #2's knobby knees! :) ) I found the floral remnant at JoAnns & loved it. So then I had to come up with a project to use it for. (This happens to me often)











Close up of my swirly design. I used the cricut cartidge, accent essentials, to cut it out. Trying to applique it on with the zigzag stitch was not easy.













Another shot. I used the floral fabric as handles, the design on the side & lining (but its full of junk we were taking to the movies so its a mess & I just don't need to publish things like that). I also used it to tie a bow on the handle.









Top view of the tutus I made for the girls for the 4th. We have no plans yet, but they will be dressed!











I was trying to take a picture of how fluffy & cute they are, but I really think they need to be on to show that. I am still trying to figure out how to add some silver stars without melting the tulle. Hopefully, I can figure it out before next week.






So, thats all I have for now. I have pillowcases that I need to put the kids names on- and I think a mickey mouse head on. When we went to WDW a few weeks ago, I had the characters sign pillowcases instead of autograph books. I thought it was a different idea & I think they turned out pretty cute.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

JK said...

I love the tote bag! Do you have a pattern you use, or did you just make one yourself.

I too have fabric remnants from JoAnns that I haven't used. Just trying to figure out something to make and then find the time!

Jenni said...

First one I made, I took apart a gift bag & used that as my pattern. The bottom got incredibly complicated, so once when I was at Hobby Lobby I checked out those plain canvas ones. From there, I figured out a better way to go it & have been kind of learning as I go along.

Heather said...

Jenni! Thanks for your tutu making advice on 2peas!! Your red, white, and blue ones are super cute!!

What size elastic did you use? And did you just keep wrapping tulle around until you achieved the desired fluffiness?