Wednesday, November 4, 2009

so, where did I leave off???

I can't remember which assignments I have posted & which I haven't...anyway, here's tomorrows homework. The assignment was ad photos. One for a specific brand, and one a generic stock photo that could be used for multiple purposes. I realized this week that the longer I am in this class, the harder the homework is getting. And not because the subject matter is getting harder, but now I am consciously applying everything I have learned to EVERY picture. I realized this after looking back at my photos and having no less that 20 or 30 pictures of colored pencils in a jar. I am becoming so critical!!


















Next week I have a self portrait- which I have been dreading all semester. I am supposed to be behind the camera, not in front! I also have to write a paper (?!?) odd for a photo class, but I need to pick a famous news photo & write a one page paper on the composition & lighting etc. Part of me likes this assignment, I love looking through old photos. But then part of me thinks, "if this picture has stood the test of time & years later people remember it & it evokes memories & feelings, who am I to criticize!?!" oh well.

No comments: