Tuesday, June 9, 2009

long time, no blog



















So with the move, end of the school year & all the birthdays, I haven't been feeling too creative lately...but I have been inspired a bit by having the new, neutral space to decorate. I just want something that feels more like us. Anyway, this is Colin's bathroom (I'll get to the bathroom layout later). The lightning isn't very good (it is 10:30pm as I am finishing this!) But I painted the bathroom a light green, kind of bright color. For the dots I used self adhesive vinyl. It was so great & easy to work with! (even Jason helped!)
I found this patterned vinyl that had 2 shades of green, navy blue & orange & I matched the solid color vinyls to that pattern.
To complete the bathroom, I bought solid color towels in navy & orange (which made us look like Bears fans, which we are not!), a solid navy rug, clear toothbrush holder & cup & a white plastic trashcan. I used the rest of the vinyl dots to put some color on the toothbrush holder & trashcan.


More about the bathrooms...the new house has 4 1/2. The girls share one, Colin has his own, the master, the guest bath on the main floor & then the 1/2 on the main floor. I have painted the guest bath (its just yellow, not exciting, not even really sure I like it). The 1/2 bath is green stripes & as soon as the mirror & picture get hung, I will take pictures. Hopefully, I am going to start on the girls bath later this week. I have no idea when I will get to the master bath. First, I need to figure out what I am doing...I am starting to think I need to subscribe to a home decorating magazine, this is so out of my realm!
Any ideas?? send them my way!
-Jenni

No comments: