Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I know, I know- No posts in awhile...

Honestly, I just haven't been that creative in awhile. But I saw these rag quilts on a blog & thought I could handle that! I have always wanted a Christmas quilt, so I thought that I would start there. I ended up buying too much fabric (actually, I had the right amount, but can't always visualize measurements in my head, so when I started cutting squares & then laying the out, and it covered half the basement floor, I decided it was too big!) so, I am making 2 smaller quilts, one for my new niece (which is the quilt pictured below) and one for a friends baby, who has yet to make an appearance.
















I haven't made the big one yet & then after that I have a Star Wars quilt to make. I am pretty excited, I bought the fabrics yesterday & they are pretty cool. Plus, its hard for me to make things for Colin (since boys arent' really into altered jeans like girls! :) so, I think he is happy that there is something for me to make for him,

Have a good week!

Jenni

3 comments:

JK said...

I love them! What blog did you get the idea from? This also seems like something I could do, did you think it was easy?

Jenni said...

It was really easy & the best part is that is doesn't matter if the squares don't totally match up or if the seams are a little uneven...once it's cut & frayed you can't tell!!

It's really cuter in person too.

Jessica said...

So cute, Jenni! I love the fabrics, too.